Tuesday 17 March 2015

An ideal world

There is a lot about being a professional musician that would suit me down to the ground.
In the first place I'm doing something that I do well, and that people enjoy. I feel that when I play, I contribute something to everyone, and I am accepted for the person I am. (except sometimes in a pub environment). I like too that my personality isn't part of the equation. In fact it's a complete irrelevance, so long as I can play.
In the second place It gives me a level of separation from everyone else. It keeps unwanted conversation to a minimum. In fact, any conversation that does occur is usually on the subject of music. I am quite happy with that. What I don't like is talking about my feelings, or my life, to people I don't know. That's too uncomfortable. Small talk is crap. I don't like it, and can't do it either. I like intellectual conversation and a good laugh, and that's not everyone's cup of tea. So here I am again, saying things about myself in writing that I would (or could) never speak about.

No comments:

Post a Comment