Wednesday 25 March 2015

Memory lane

I've been thinking about my dad's family ever since I made contact with the new cousins. They have such lovely memories of my dad's mother. All I remember is a rather cold and distant figure we saw once in a blue moon.
She idolised the two cousins I knew. Whenever she was told about anything I'd done, she'd either have to go one better with something my cousins had done, or would simply look on, unimpressed.
My two cousins were girls (and I expect they still are). The three new cousins are girls. On one visit to us, dad's mum came into our house carrying a little girl who lived in our street, beaming and saying how lovely she was. I don't remember her giving one single cuddle, ever, to my brothers and I.
I think I know what happened. I think she didn't like boys. I wonder if she was some sort of half-crazed lesbian?

No comments:

Post a Comment