Sunday, 9 March 2014

An over-active mind

I've been unable to move today, because I haven't stopped thinking all day. I've thought about everything, but don't ask me to tell you what I was thinking about because I can't remember. I've just trawled Google to see if anything took my fancy.
The picture at the top sums up how I now see myself, and other people with Aspergers. I am reminded of the really annoying comment 'think outside the box'. We aspies do that anyway, since for us there is no box. Our challenge is to do the converse, to try and establish what and where a particular box is, and to try and see inside it.
The picture at the bottom is so-so. Points 2, 3 and 4 are exactly what the cunt at the pub does, and are the things that I find so challenging. I only rock when I shut off from difficult situations, e.g. the said cunt, or loud and strongly rhythmic piped music in a restaurant. I don't have any issues with food.
Writing these blogs has been an empowering experience for me. I no longer feel ashamed of myself, or of my inability to get my head round so many things that other people find easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment