Monday 16 March 2015

The right response

There is someone at the pub who takes the piss out of me. Every Sunday I get such questions as 'Can you play anything by The doors?', when the person knows full well that I can't. This week he asked 'Can you play anything by The Animals?' I replied 'yes', set my keyboard to 'harpsichord' and played 'Old McDonald had a farm', to the great amusement of the other patrons.
The person also bangs on about their abilities on the guitar. I picked up the one that belongs to the pub and tuned it, and asked the person to show me something so I could join in. I repeated instantly what he had played, and suddenly his skills deserted him.
Someone else asked if I could play something by Jean-Paul Sartre. I replied that I could, and belted out the Schubert A flat impromptu (forgotten the D number, but it's the one that sounds like water). Am I finally learning, I ask myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment