Monday 16 March 2015

Musical interlude no1

I was collected at five to nine on Saturday morning, ready to start playing at ten. I found a nice spot to set up my keyboard, just out of the main drag of where people would be congregating. I warmed up by running through a few Louis Quinze harpsichord pieces. When people started arriving the keyboard became inaudible, even though it was on full volume, so I switched to honky-tonk piano and belted out some old pub songs. It went down a treat! The place was packed full of people from start to finish, and I was overwhelmed by the kind comments that came my way, and by the enormous tide of goodwill that surrounded me. The event had been publicised in the local paper, and 'yours truly' got a mention.
The event finished at one, and I, my machine and its accessories were driven to the historic house where I was to play the following day. Then I went for two very nice glasses of wine with the event's organisers. What a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment