Friday 13 March 2015

Last night

I had a very light dinner of some nice meat rolls, then got on with plugging in more dates and references into the family tree.
I went to bed feeling tired at 9.15pm, but took a long while to settle down. I was bothered by stupid dreams all night. In one of them I was back where I liverd some twenty years ago in London. I turned the corner off the main road. To my left I could see the street where Nina lived. In my dream I lived in the street just to the right of it. I didn't recognise it from real life. Someone (I don't know who) told me that one could see the old field boundaries along the road. As I walked, I saw a concrete line across the road, and continuing to the left and right. I understood this to be the boundary. Further along the road to my left, I saw a very old-fashioned signpost, with lots of pointers with names and distances on them.
I woke up with a start at half past four. I heard a blackbird singing loudly in the pitch darkness. It reminded me, somehow, of a Victorian alcoholic singing outside a pub one night.
I must have been quite motionless during the night, as by bedding was quite undisturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment