We English just love talking about the weather. By talk, I mean moan. It's too hot, it's too cold, too windy, too much rain. The people who complained so bitterly about last year's snow now say that they would prefer snow to rain. I don't get it, but then that's probably because I'm a weirdo. The simple truth about British weather is that we are in fact very lucky, and very seldom do we experience extreme weather conditions. What is worrying though, is the devastating floods that hit the west country. So, anyone else, will you please, please, PLEASE stop whingeing on about the weather. Get a life.
The weather today is exceptionally beautiful. It is warmer than yesterday, and the sky is a brilliant blue with just the merest suspicion of hazy cloud. I will venture out a bit later, once the after-effects of the cider have eased off a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment