Friday 27 May 2016

Just now

When I got to the historic building I ran through the pieces I was going to play for our visitors. Then I ran through in my mind what I was going to talk to them about. The visitors were expected at half past nine, but that time came and went. We waited and waited but there was no sign of them. Half past ten came round and I asked what was happening. It turns out that the person at our other place, who took the booking, hadn't even bothered to record who our visitors were, who their contact was, or how they could be contacted. That was that. I saw red and left. It's not the first time this sort of thing has happened.
I cannot cope with people who don't think about what they are doing. While the person who took the booking was nice and comfy at home, six of us had taken a great deal of trouble to be there, and to be ready to give a good account of the building and of ourselves. I really am livid.

No comments:

Post a Comment