Friday 27 February 2015

Last night

I had some of the previous night's lentils, cooked some rice and made a potato curry, which I varied by including some sweet potato. I enjoyed it and finished what I'd dished up.
Afterwards I went back to the Walford. This time I read about Lambeth, Sydenham and and Streatham. Lambeth was disappointing. I wanted to know about the stink industries along the river, rather than Good Queen Bess and Merrye England. Walford makes the most outrageous assumptions, such as 'the marsh must have covered' such and such area, without giving any facts to back up his assertion. He isn't afraid to express an opinion either. He speaks of one poor street being 'happily' demolished to make way for Waterloo Station. Never mind. It kept me mildly amused, and my brain occupied, until I went to bed at nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment