Friday 20 June 2014

Let me explain

Yesterday on Facebook I shared Asperger Mexico's posting about Autistic Pride Day. I'll tell you why. I like blokes but don't consider myself gay, in that I don't feel any affinity at all with the 'cultural' package. When I was a teenager and a young man I used to identify very strongly with the movement, because the law gave neither rights nor protection. Nowadays, thanks to the EEC, these injustices have been redressed, so I don't need to make a noise any more. The reason that I shared the Facebook posting yesterday is to help give a voice to people who go through life unheard, as I did for most of my life. I want better provision in healthcare resources and a reduction in the unacceptably long time most people have to wait to access services.Until that time comes I will do my bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment