Tuesday 24 June 2014

Bewildered, of Grimethorpe

I saw the doctor yesterday and told him about my latest fit. He gave me the same, unnecessary tests and told me that nothing was showing up. (I could have told him not to bother). He suspects I have epilepsy and told me to phone the neurology secretary to chase my appointment. (I had already told the doctor that I am very uncomfortable using phones). I walked up to the hospital today and spoke to the neurology secretary. She told me they had no record of me, and that I should chase my GP for a referral letter. I walked down to my GP and asked to speak to the doctor. I didn't get past the receptionist. I made it patently clear that I was really fed up and frustrated. She looked put out and said she'd get the doctor to fax the letter. I don't feel at all confident about the level of care I'm receiving, and want to change my doctor as soon as I have the neurology appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment