Thursday 8 May 2014

Last night

I went to the pub after dinner. Two particular people were expected to arrive by 8pm in time for the quiz night. One of them annoys me intensely and the other one makes me feel uncomfortable. Bearing this in mind I sat myself outside. I faced a dilemma; should I stay because I like the place, or should I leave because I felt so awkward? I stayed outside until closing time when I sloped off quietly. I think I may have caught a bit of a chill.
I know my problem is to do with Aspergers. I'm still learning how to live socially, although I get on quite well with most of the people I come into contact with. People generally like me. I find difficult people easier to ignore when I'm with friends. Yesterday I was on my own, with everything going round and round in my mind. The first of these individuals I have described on many occasions. He's the one who talks at one and takes over everyone's conversation. The second individual had been deliberately nasty to me, and made it look like my fault when I got upset. I don't want to spend time with these people, so I'm considering whether to stop going. I certainly shan't be going back tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment