Friday, 4 April 2014

A lovely time

When I went to the pub yesterday, my brother was already there. We had a pint together, several smokes and a nice chat. He went with the barmaid to help her muck out her horses, and I came home to get the dinner on.
The doorbell rang at seven thirty precisely and I let in my guests. There was my brother and his partner, the barmaid and a friend from the pub. They very kindly brought several bottles of wine, from which I am presently recovering. We listened to some music while the food finished cooking; Lene Lovich, Albrechtberger's concerto for jew's harp and mandora, and the beginning of Boccherini's Stabat Mater amongst other things.
The dinner was a great success, with lots of conversation and laughter. Everything got eaten, and that's always a good sign. We had a nice blackcurrant pie from the supermarket for afters. After dinner we watched Spike Milligan on the computer, before returning to the pub.
Another friend was already at the pub, and some of my family and friends came in too. It was a lovely evening. Thoroughly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment