Monday 12 February 2018

The autistic gardener

Last week I dismantled and moved the previous tenant's playground and left it in the front garden. The local tinkers took no interest. I'd rather hoped they would take the scrap metal and get something for it. Luckily on Saturday the landlord drove down in his van, so I got him to take most of it. It was dark, cold and pissing down with rain when he came, and we missed a few things where we couldn't see them. I caught the dustmen this morning, and they were glad to take the remaining items for a small donation. Great! Now my front garden is clear.
This morning I did what I wanted to do on my first Sunday off (if I'd been able to take it, and took myself to the garden centre. When I got back home I got to work and cleared half of the overgrown wilderness that is my front garden, and planted it out with roses. Well, it is a start, and I am really glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment