I got to the pub at about 5.30pm, ready for an 8pm start. The bar was already crowded with people who had come along to sing, so I played a few songs every now and again, as well as some of the more popular classical pieces. My brother was on duty, so I stood behind the bar from time to time, to let him go to the loo and have a fag.
During the course of the evening some of my family turned up, as well as various of my friends. The singalong was a great success! The pub stayed crowded up until closing time, and the people sang heartily. It makes such a lovely atmosphere. My poor brother was worked off his feet all night though. I felt bad about it, because what I was doing was really easy for me.
After everyone left, my brother and I spent a few moments nattering while we finished our pints.
I think I got home at about 1.30am, but I couldn't settle down. I went to bed at 3am and came round, slightly intoxicated, at just after 11am. I'm still coming round, but it's a lovely feeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment