Saturday, 5 April 2014

a couple of messages

Yesterday I received a lovely email from a dear friend in Wales. As usual the words were kind and reassuring. As he is such an astute observer, he also wrote things that were very useful for me. I'm not sure If I'm changing as a person though. What has changed is my understanding, and I'm starting to deal with things differently. One of the biggest changes has been living amongst people, rather than the terrible and lonely life of a hermit which I used to live. I am learning to say 'no' when I mean 'no'. And I stick to it.
I also had an email from my friend in Germany. As usual it was full of the 'eccentric' humour that I enjoy so much. When we first began corresponding (reading between the lines), I felt that he was suffering very badly from depression. I feel that now he has come out of the rut, wants to eat properly, and is motivated enough to want to continue writing his novel. Well done mate. Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment