Monday 18 December 2017

Settling down

The dining room is still crowded with the two wardrobes that don't belong there, but are too big to go up the narrow staircase. Never mind though. The house feels like home, instead of just somewhere I live.
The washing machine and dishwasher arrived on Saturday, and they are going to be plumbed in this evening. Although I am excited about it, I always find such things very stressful and unsettling. I will be so glad when it is all over.
I've done something new in my study: I've covered one small wall with pictures of my ancestors and late close relations. It's about time I tried to look at some of the photos without feeling sick. Although they can't hear me, of course, I take great delight in calling one or two of them cunts to their faces. I suppose it is for the better that I wasn't able to do so while they were still alive. Well, better for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment