Monday 25 December 2017

My Christmas message

This year I am doing something for Christmas without actually celebrating it. You see, my nephew invited me up for a few days, so I took him up on the offer. I arrived yesterday lunchtime after a few hours on trains (made almost intolerable by the continuous babbling and undiluted shite that I had to listen to). We made a quick visit to the Indian shops, to buy some bits and pieces that aren't to be found where I live. Since then we've been doing some catching up, and have had some really good talks. I am delighted that, after a very Catholic upbringing, he has finally seen through it all, and has come some way towards my own atheism. Christmas is a load of hypocrisy for many different reasons. I really loathe it. I wish that people cared as much how vulnerable people are treated, as they do about what Christmas presents they are going to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment