Thursday 14 December 2017

People...

The windows of the new place are in a terrible state. Some of the back windows are so dirty, you can hardly see through them. And it makes those rooms look very dark. So I hired the services of a window cleaner, and he was due to visit today. Yesterday evening I had a call from the said gentleman, confirming today's visit. I asked him if he was coming a.m. or p.m., and he said the former. Having gone to register with the new doctor, I rushed back home for half past nine. Then I waited. Then I waited some more. And I waited. I waited until 1.50pm, then decided I needed to get out for some air. Just now the man phoned me to ask where I was, so we had the conversation. Yes I want him to come the next time he is in the area, but I will only wait for the part of the day he says he will visit.
Meanwhile I am expecting delivery on Saturday of a brand new washing machine and a brand new dishwasher! This is the first time in my life that I have ever bough brand new ones. I do feel very lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment