Monday 11 December 2017

A long day

My sleep has reverted to its former pattern. I wake up during the night and stay awake for hours, where my mind is so busy thinking. Last night I woke up only briefly, but was wide awake at 4am this morning. It's a good thing that I don't mind the cold and dark. What I most enjoy is the quiet. There was no noise at all, apart from the sound of the icy, strong wind howling over the adjacent fields.
The council hasn't given me a bin yet, so the dustmen are unable to collect my rubbish. I can't have all that stuff rotting away in my kitchen, so I came up with a plan. I'm taking one carrier bag at a time to the bin on the main road. It took three goes to get rid of one sackful. Just one more to go.
I had a couple of things to do this morning, all in different places, so all involving standing around in the icy cold. That wasn't very enjoyable, but the last trip was satisfying; I finally ordered in my electricals. All being well, I shall have them on Saturday. I do feel tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment