Friday, 12 September 2014
Another Aspergers moment
Yesterday afternoon I went to buy some eggs round the corner. Big deal, you might say. To me it is, because they have local free-range hen and duck eggs. I'd much rather buy from this shop than from the local supermarket, particularly as the price is more-or-less the same. I like to support local businesses. I got chatting to the shopkeeper, as we're on speaking terms anyway. While I was there I saw someone I knew across the road. They saw me too, but I didn't feel like talking. I waited for them to go round the corner, and then I sneaked off in the opposite direction. It must seem really horrible to those of you who don't understand, but I needed that breathing-space. With my closest circle there would be no possibility of that happening. With people I know socially, I make that distinction. I knew that if I had got chatting, the conversation would have gone on for hours. He's actually a nice bloke, but I couldn't manage it at that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment