Thursday, 20 November 2014

The group

I went for my first meeting with the autism group yesterday afternoon. There were five of us, plus the two people who ran it. All seven of us had spectrum issues. I noticed so many similarities and connections between us. Three of us wore black and usually do so, the other four wore dark clothes. One person liked history, another liked gardening, another liked maths. The person next to me had my tone of voice, but sounded like the eldest boy that I tutor. One person had seizure-related issues. The conversation was uncanny, in that people said lots of things that I think to myself. There were two grumpy gits (like myself), and a generally serious tone of conversation. I'm glad I went. The person running the group also put me in touch with another local organisation whose activities should be beneficial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment